Search

Content

Dec 5, 2014

Burying the Forgotten

   
     Every now and then a story emerges that needs very little commentary. In fact, some stories are so precious, and so fragile that any additional words run the risk of tarnishing them, cheapen them, or perhaps even destroy them. Ruth Coker Burks has such a story to tell. It is her own story of standing by the bedsides and gravesides of AIDS patients who had been abandoned by their families. It is the story of personal sacrifice and a tremendous testimony to an individual who is willing to embody the ideal of stepping into the darkness of another to ensure that they don't have to face it alone. The fact that, until today, we have never heard of Ruth is only further testimony to the humility, purity and the beauty of her actions.  Her story was featured today in Story Corps.


Click HERE for the whole story 


Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Archives

Twitter

About Me

My Photo
I am a father and I am a son. I am adopted and rescued...a friend of Jesus. I am Carrie's husband and dad to Luke, Andrew and Zachary. I am the Director of Spiritual Formation at Toccoa Falls College and an ordained pastor in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC). I am a teacher who loves to engage the world with words and I am a Christian who aims to be the Good News in speech in deed. I am an artist attempting to create good art that glorifies the Creator and encourages his creation to seek him.